Calorie-Up shakeCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
650 – 900kcal
A quick high nutrient high calorie shake to make sure you’re hitting your daily requirements.
4 Whole large eggs
4 egg yolks and 30g protein powder (for egg white sensitivities)
30g coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
1/2 cup low carb vegetable juice
(Optional) half avocado
(Optional) 50g yoghurt, kefir or sour cream
(Optional) cacao or cocoa powder to make a chocolate shake
- For whole eggs; simply crack 4 whole eggs into the blender. If sensitive to egg whites: Carefully remove all white from the egg yolk, you may even have to remove the membrane surrounding the egg yolk with care. Add 4 egg yolks to blender, followed by 30g protein powder.
- Add liquid coconut oil to blender
- Add vegetable juice to blender
- Add any additional optional ingredients you wish
- Blend thoroughly
- Serve and consume immediately
- I would recommend an animal based protein powder if you use one. Animal protein powders have a more appropriate blend of amino acids to nourish your body.
- This shake is best consumed cool but not cold. Too cold and the coconut oil will solidify which isn’t very pleasant.
- I only listed a few popular optional ingredients. Assuming you keep the egg yolks, coconut oil and vegetable juice ingredients as a core of the recipe, feel free to add anything that works well for you (peanut butter, spirulina, supplement powders, frozen fruit, etc.)
- If you’re eating higher carb or can’t digest this much fat and want to replace it with some carbs you can swap some of the coconut oil for a banana or some honey.