Broccoli and Stilton Soup
Broccoli and Stilton SoupCourse: Main, lunch, dinnerCuisine: EnglishDifficulty: Easy
After some winter gathering or a party when there is lots of stilton left over, this is the right soup to cuddle your stomach.
100g butter, or any other cooking fat
1 large onion, roughly chopped
1 Medium leek, roughly chopped
½ tsp dried chilli flakes, plus extra to garnish
3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
450g broccoli, cut into florets
1L strong vegetable stock or meat stock
120g Stilton, crumbled
Herbs to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion for 10min until softened.
- Add the chilli, thyme, and garlic and cook for 10 mins before adding the broccoli, leek, and stock.
- Bring up to the boil, then simmer for at least 15 mins, until all the veg is softened.
- You can also leave in a crockpot overnight. Add half of the stilton and extra butter or fat you wish to add to increase the creaminess.
- Carefully blend the soup until completely smooth, then check the seasoning.
- Serve into bowls and crumble the remaining stilton onto the top, drizzle some olive oil and herbs to garnish.