Meat Stock/Bone Broth
Meat StockCourse: Main, DrinksDifficulty: Easy
Meat stock is a delicious beverage that can be consumed as is as an electrolyte drink or as the base for sauces and soups to increase flavour profile and nutrient density.
Beef bones, chicken carcass, whole chicken, giblets and meat scraps
Lemon/Apple cider vinegar
- To make meat stock/bone broth take your whole chicken, or leg of beef or lamb or any kind of joint or meat on a bone, place this in a crock pot or a stock pot and add boiling water to cover.
- Allow it to simmer for 12 hours minimum for smaller bones like chicken and 24 hours min for larger animals like beef bones(minimum).
- Optional: you can add vegetables, vegetable scraps or herbs to improve flavour.
- Apple cider vinegar or lemon can also be added to help draw nutrients out of the bones, and also improve flavour.
- Scale the recipe depending on how much liquid you would like, it does keep well in the freezer so larger batches can save a lot of time.
- if you have histamine or glutamate issues, do not add lemon or Vinegar, also consider cooking for less time (4h MAX)
- If bone broth is too powerful or doesn’t agree with you, try the same recipe but replace the bones/carcass with muscle meats instead.