Egg muffinsCourse: Breakfast, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
Egg muffins are the greatest choice for grab and go breakfasts or snacks.
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1/4 green part of leek, finely chopped
8 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 tbsp organic coconut oil
2 tbsp organic olive oil
1tbsp organic ghee
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a 12 capacity muffin tin with melted ghee.
- Pour the eggs into each tin, only fill each about 1/4.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in large skillet with the chopped garlic cloves. Add all the vegetables, a bit of sea salt and pepper and let them cook for 2 minutes.
- You can divide all the vegetables equally into each of the muffin tins. Add the rest of the eggs to the muffin tins.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the eggs are set. Mine were ready in 14 minutes. If you like your eggs more firm, give them additional time.
- Cool completely before serving. If you remove the egg bites too soon the edges of the bites will be left behind in the muffin tin.
- You can have this egg muffins for grab and go breakfasts or snacks.
- This recipe makes 12 egg bites. Divide the ingredients in half for less egg bites.
- Feel free to use any ingredient you wish.
- These bites are freezer friendly. You can defrost them overnight before use.
- The bites will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days.