Keto Butter Chicken
Keto Butter ChickenCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Butter chicken must be everyone’s favourite curry. A Simple recipe with a depth of layers of flavour. Originally served in Delhi, quickly spread to the world. A magical and delightful dish to enjoy for all!
- Ginger-Garlic paste
125 gr garlic
125 gr ginger
1 tsp olive oil
- Butter Chicken recipe
500 gr Chicken thighs and legs boneless
3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1 tsp Green Chili Paste
1 tsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves
2 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
2 tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
3 Tbsp Ghee
4 Black Pepper
2 Green Cardamom
1 Black Cardamom
1/2 in. Cinnamon
2 Dry Red Chillies
1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
1 cup finely chopped tomatoes (tightly packed) or 2 medium sized to large tomatoes
3/4 tsp Garam Masala
- Ginger-garlic paste
- Add garlic, ginger and oil to a blender and blend till it become a smooth mixture.
- 500g of boneless chicken thighs and legs, chop in small pieces, 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder, 1 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder, 1 tsp Ginger garlic Paste, ¾ tsp garam masala, 1 tsp Salt, 1-2 tbsp full fat yoghurt
Mix very well so then all the pieces are drenched in marinade sauce.
This marinade is a MUST. To get the juiciest chicken possible you must let it rest in the fridge at least 45 minutes. Marinating it overnight is really recommended.
While the meat is marinating:
- Add 2 tsp Coriander Powder 1 tsp Cumin Powder, 2 tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder, 3/4 tsp Garam Masala and 1 tsp crashed dried Fenugreek Leaves to a mug, mix all together and set it aside to use later.
- Let’s start
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan. Add 2 Cloves, 4 Black Pepper, 2 Green Cardamom, 1 Black Cardamom, 1/2 in. Cinnamon and let them crackle.
- Next add 2 dry Red Chillies and 1/2 Cup Chopped Onions.
Sauté the onions till they turn translucent and soften. Sauté onions on a medium-low heat.
- Add 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes (tightly packed) or 3 medium/ 2 large tomatoes. Sauté the tomatoes till they completely soften. You can also add a pinch of salt so that the tomatoes get cooked faster. You will see fat releasing from the sides from the mixture once the tomatoes are softened.
- Now add the dry spices that we have set aside (2 tsp Coriander Powder 1 tsp Cumin Powder 2 tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder 3/4 tsp Garam Masala and 1 tsp crushed dried Fenugreek Leaves.).
Mix the dry spices very well and sauté for 5 to 6 seconds.
- Then, add the chicken and toss it to incorporate with the paste.
- Add water as per requirement. (Broth for bonus health and flavour points)
- Depending of the quality of the meat, you will need to give time so it will be cooked. 10 to 15 minutes to cook, normally.
You can absolutly stew this out longer. A throughly crackpot friendly meal.
- When it’s ready, add 1 Tbsp Butter. Right before serving, add fresh coriander leaves and serve!
- Serve Butter Chicken hot with cauliflower rice.